Sunday 23 March 2014

March 8, 2014 -- Part 1

I know I have to make this post before March ends (haha), so here goes...


As a birthday gift to myself and a pre-anniversary date for me and Ping, we went to see Mayday Parade at Skydome last March 8, 2014. 

The day started out definitely well. I woke up feeling excited since it was a special day, plus, I would meet a some of BForce and twitter friends. My LB friends (Roee, Quennie and Mckaye, with Mckaye's dad) picked me up at 10:30AM and we all went together to SM North Edsa. It was around an hour drive to get there. When we arrived, we went to Skydome so my other friends could get their Pulp Royalty (PR) IDs and then, we ate lunch at Kenny Rogers.
Mckaye and I at Kenny Rogers.
We still had a lot of time to kill before the actual show so we strolled around the mall and went to some random stores. (Around this time, I also asked Roee to buy a Mayday shirt for me. LOL) Mckaye and I went to see Ced on the line for PR. We had a little conversation and this photo happened. Haha. 

With Mckaye and Ced.

I also met up with Athena and we were glad to finally see each other. :) I also saw Des but it was only for a short while. I didn't get the chance to have a photo with Des, though. 

Around 3PM, Ping was already at the venue and we started to line up for the Bleachers section. I met Atari for a while during that time and damn, she sure is tall. .-. Haha ;)

By 4PM, the guards(?) at the venue asked us to line up downstairs, and so we did. We were kind of at the front of the line. And then, Mckaye tested out her camera on Ping and I and this is one of the resulting shots. LOL.

Ha. :p
We were just chilling in line 'til I got a lot of missed call from Mones and when I finally got to talk to her on the phone, she asked where I was and that they were going to meet me. Sure enough, after a few minutes, I finally met them! At long last, I finally got to see Mones, Jade, Atari, and Shane and other people c; Such pretty girls, I must say. There were obviously a lot of hugs and photos but here's some of them.

#MONEU :p
#JADELU :p

We waited for three more hours to finally enter the venue. Before 8PM, we were already inside the venue and from the bleachers, I went and say hi to Mones and others who were on the VIP area. I kinda grabbed this photo from where Mones mentioned me. Haha.



AND FINALLY, AROUND 8:30 PM, MAYDAY PARADE'S SET STARTED. Everyone at Skydome was definitely ecstatic as Mayday Parade put on a great show for us! I had a lot of fun during their set -- I was singing and jumping around and taking videos and photos. I even managed to put up a phone concert for Jezel and Patty. Hahaha. Derek's and Jake's voice were heavenly as well as Jeremy's (who did the backing up vocals). Alex and Brooks were very talented guitarists and I really appreciated them more during their live performance! 
(For my detailed Mayday Parade's concert experience (slash review), click here. c:)

The set ended by 10PM and I was exhausted yet so overwhelmed. I gave myself a pat on the back for giving myself the best birthday gift! And this was not bad at all for a concert date with my boyfriend. We hung out for a while in the Bleachers section and just as we were about to leave, I caught up with Athena (who was going to the bleachers to sit for a while) and I got a photo with her. :)


With Athena after Mayday's set :)
Mckaye, Roee, Quennie and I finally head home but we stopped over at a Jollibee store along SLEX to eat dinner. Haha. And after a long, fun and very fulfilling day, I finally got home. And with that, I could say March 8, 2014 is and will always be a special day! 

Many thanks to PULP for bringing Mayday Parade in Manila, to Mayday Parade for putting up an amazing show I'll always remember, and to everyone I spent the day with for all the fun moments we had. This was one of the best birthdays I had (even though my birthday was 4 days later, haha) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment