Sunday 23 March 2014

MAYDAY PARADE! (March 8, 2014 -- part 2)

MARCH 8, 2014. MAYDAY PARADE'S SET STARTED AROUND 8:30 PM. You could definitely hear the crowd roar as the guys enter the stage and Derek sings "There's a ghost in my bedroom, it haunts me at night". You could feel the enthusiasm of every single person on the venue through the various screams and voices singing along to Mayday Parade's GhostsYung tipong after ng first song, sulit na sulit na agad.

Words are not enough to express how overwhelmed I was after the first song, because their live performance absolutely exceeded my expectations. The set continues with Jamie All Over, where I was jumping throughout the entire song. Then they played When You See My Friends, Your Song, 12 Through 15 and You Be The Anchor

I would like to commend the lighting during You Be The Anchor because the movement of the lights definitely suited the feel of the song. I don't know about you, but I was really in awe during that song because of the pretty lights.


Mayday Parade playing You Be The Anchor.
(and probably my only good photo during the set)

Then, Mayday Parade went back to playing upbeat songs with Girls and Black Cat. The crowd went wild and was obviously having an amazing time! After those two songs, Derek played two songs on the piano -- Miserable At Best and Stay. The moment was divine during Miserable At Best. The crowd singing along with Derek and Jake sounded so perfect. See it for yourself, check out the video of Miserable At Best that I posted on Youtube. Stay was another song that made me feel so emotional. I never thought it would be this emotional when I hear it live.

The next songs were Hold Onto Me, Kids In Love (which I greatly love), Three Cheers For Five Years, and Oh Well, Oh Well. Everyone was so energetic and crazy and my bf and I were having the time of our lives! Their last song was Jersey, which was one of my favorite Mayday Parade songs. I love the energy the band and the crowd gave off as everyone rocked the Skydome during their last song! They went back to play an encore song which was I'd Hate To Be You... and the crowd just sang along, swayed their hands up in the air and felt the entire song which was absolutely beautiful. The set ended by 10PM and everything in that 1 hour and 30 minutes with Mayday Parade was beyond perfect.

It was a very breathtaking set, literally and figuratively. Haha. For my first Mayday Parade concert, this one was amazing. Derek's and Jake's voice were heavenly as well as Jeremy's (who did the backing up vocals). Alex and Brooks were very talented guitarists and I really appreciated them more during their live performance! All of them are exceptional artists, and after seeing them live, my love for them just increased a thousandfold. It is an understatement to say that "Mayday Parade is great and awesome live!". They are definitely more than that. And I would love to see them live again some time soon. :) Thanks PULP for bringing them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment